Back to School
Parents and guardians we are excited to welcome our students back to another exciting school year! The information below will help you get the school year starts . Remember school starts August 18!
- We are delighted to share that we are opening up a VPK program that provides preschool for children turning 4 years of age before September 1st. You may register your child in the front office on a first come first serve basis. You must bring a State of Florida Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Education Program Child Eligibility and Enrollment Certificate with sections I and II completed by Family Central in order to finalize registration. Please contact the school regarding boundary requirements.
For Questions Regarding VPK, CONTACT:
Family Central, Inc.
840 S.W. 81st Avenue
North Lauderdale, Florida 33068
- Oriole Elementary’s Back to School Health Fair will be on Saturday, August 2nd at the Lauderdale Manors Resource Center at 1400 NW 14th Court from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. There will be food, free immunizations, various screenings, family fun and free giveaways for the children.
- The Food and Nutrition Services, Meal Benefits Mobile Unit will be on campus on August 11th, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. to provide assistance with completing the online meal application. Otherwise, you may visit www.applyforlunch.com to complete the application at your leisure.
- We are a uniform school. Uniform tops are polo styled and should be in school colors: white, black, or orange. Uniform bottoms should be khaki or black.
- There will be a Community Meet and Greet on August 15th.
Parents and students, on July 1, the 2014-2015 Code of Student Conduct Handbook will be posted on Broward Schools' website at http://www.browardschools.com. Parents and students may also access the Code of Student Conduct Handbook through the BEEP Portal or use their smartphones to scan the Quick Response Code (QRC) on any of the Code Book posters displayed throughout a school's campus.
Important information for students with bus transportation!!
Parents--please be reminded that school bus transportation for the 2014-2015 school year will NOT be provided for students who received transportation based on the area of their residence meeting the criteria for a state hazard. This area NO LONGER meets the "hazardous condition" criteria as defined by Florida Statute 1006.25.
Students who reside in this area are no longer eligible for school bus transportation to Oriole Elementary School for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. Below is a copy of the letter sent to parents of all affected students and a copy of Florida Statute 1006.25. If you have any questions, please contact the front office. Thank you.
Sample parent letter
Florida Statute 1006.25
Click here for a list of educational websites to access from anywhere.